Google Paid $410,000 for Chrome Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-isdumb

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
The salary for one good programmer and one person could not find all the bugs found by the numerous programmers/users who found them. I say Google did a smart move. The linux community does the same thing but no one gets paid.

Just makes you wonder if they continue the program -- How many of their programmers will start to intentionally slip bugs into the coding for their "Friends" to find for some extra income !!

G

How much do I get paid for pointing out the spelling 'bug' in your subheadline? :)

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Google also disclosed that about half of all bugs found were located in software provided by companies that Google had acquired.

My skool'n days are over...but it sounds like half the bugs are therefore caused by 'regular' Google employees.

I wouldn't make the distinction.

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
But if 95% of the code is written by their hires and only 5% comes from these 'third parties', then noting that the bugs were 50/50 may be pretty significant...

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Ummm, isn't it up to Foxconn to offer a fair wage and for their employees to accept or decline it? Apple contracts them to build a product, but doesn't run their organization.

Everything I've read seems to indicate that those workers make a pretty good living given the costs of living in those areas

Status
Not open for further replies.