Google Patents WYSIWYG Printing for Web Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

weierstrass

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
At some point they (Apple, Google, Samsung,...) are all forced to trade patents for patents and the world will be a fine place again.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]weierstrass[/nom]At some point they (Apple, Google, Samsung,...) are all forced to trade patents for patents and the world will be a fine place again.[/citation]
Perhaps it will be a fine place for big companies, the same cannot be said about the smaller ones.

G

Besides, it don't work. Chrome routinely screws up printing and I have to use the sys dialog anyway

Crush3d

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]Stupid patent is stupid. Google, we thought you were above this.[/citation]

Everyone has to start playing the game and patent anything and everything before their competitors do. Patent shapes, colors, patterns, buttons.. EVERYTHING.

If you try to play nice now, you won't be playing at all in a few years.

The patent wars begun they have.

So you print something from a web page and the hard copy looks the same? What a concept. The US patent system is so jacked up. Google is no patent troll and I don't blame them one bit with the state of the patent system today. Software should be something that is copyrighted not a patented. I just don't understand why that one simple rule is not in effect already.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]Stupid patent is stupid. Google, we thought you were above this.[/citation]
It all depends on what they do with it, if they patent it but still allow this to be used by others for no or little cost then I support them. Honestly though I would rather have MS or Google patent things like this rather than give a chance for Apple to get it, at least the previous 2 have history of allowing others to license or use their patented ideas for free.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]It all depends on what they do with it, if they patent it but still allow this to be used by others for no or little cost then I support them. Honestly though I would rather have MS or Google patent things like this rather than give a chance for Apple to get it, at least the previous 2 have history of allowing others to license or use their patented ideas for free.[/citation]

This 2 before mentioned company practices healthy competition, Apple does not.

postal_game

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
Recently one of the computer in my office has problem related to Google WYSIWYG (the preview not showing and i can't print through chrome), and after searching from internet, many said that it's because of bugs that has not been fixed by Google Chrome. Finally i decided to go back to firefox and using standard windows preview... LOL..

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I noticed that if you print a continuous webpage from Chrome, it will cut it in the middle of the letters. Firefox cut it neatly between the line of text.

WYSIWIG eh?....

hannibal

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Crush3d[/nom]Everyone has to start playing the game and patent anything and everything before their competitors do. Patent shapes, colors, patterns, buttons.. EVERYTHING.If you try to play nice now, you won't be playing at all in a few years.[/citation]

Google is web based company. If it does not patent web based funktions, somene else will and forse Google down... But yeah, it is stupid that you can patent something like wysigwy...
There should be lwas that protect against patenting these kinds of thing: wysugwy, rentagle, small computers that are narrower in the other end, and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.