News Google releases Chrome for Windows on Arm ahead of Snapdragon X Elite launch

usertests

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013
Qualcomm is getting all the attention, and it's well-deserved, but MediaTek is also planning on quietly releasing a powerful ARM laptop chip. That's the company I'm watching.
I'm expecting asinine pricing for Snapdragon X Elite. MediaTek can easily come in and offer something that works well (to the extent that Windows on ARM is well) and competes with cheap Chromebooks.

kealii123

Great
Nov 3, 2023
Qualcomm is getting all the attention, and it's well-deserved, but MediaTek is also planning on quietly releasing a powerful ARM laptop chip. That's the company I'm watching.
Mediatek processors won't be in the same league as these new chips, they probably will be on par with AMD for performance-per-watt

kealii123

Great
Nov 3, 2023
On my Snapdragon CX gen 3 windows tablet, Brave Browser already runs 64 native (under Task Manager-Details->brave.exe Architecture column is Arm64). So does that mean chromium has been x64 native for a while? It does seem that Google has intentionally kept Chrome itself x86 only intentionally until now.