Google Releases Update for Chrome Browser to v18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
In other recent news, Opera's latest "Next" build supports x64, has Out of Procces Plugins, and has the highest HTML5 score out there, if you don't count the bonus points [9 vs Chrome's 13]. Also, you need to Activate Web Sockets, because it's Off by default.

[Yeah, It's still buggy as hell, cuz it's in alpha stage, but it be a force to be wreckend with when it will come out]

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]...how about adding 64bit version?[/citation]

Why?
Do you plan to make your broser use more than 2 GB (on 32 bit OS) or 4 GB ( on 64 bit OS) ?

It's not like 64 bit is inherently faster than 32 bit, it just allows more memory to be addressed. Actually sometimes 64 bit can be slower, due to larger program sizes (2x pointer size), less efficient cache use (fewer instructions or data fit in the cache) etc ...

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
Why?
Do you plan to make your broser use more than 2 GB (on 32 bit OS) or 4 GB ( on 64 bit OS) ?

It's not like 64 bit is inherently faster than 32 bit, it just allows more memory to be addressed. Actually sometimes 64 bit can be slower, due to larger program sizes (2x pointer size), less efficient cache use (fewer instructions or data fit in the cache) etc ...

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
How about they put back the option to customize your fav. tabs and rearrange them as you see fit, what was the point of removing that feature Google??? Oh and remove that stupid grey bar from the bottom of the tab screen, and while your at it remove the redundant nav. bar at the top of the iGoogle pages... I like a clean look, what are your goals with Chrome Google? If your just going to keep making things look worse and remove interface features, no one will care about your 1sec. faster than whatever browser benchmarks or your acid test results.

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
When can we expect firefox like full hardware acceleration for the whole thing?
On my computer Toms hardware runs fluently in FF even in power savor mode. With chrome I've to switch to balanced or high performance mode to get bearable experience.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]lockhrt999[/nom]When can we expect firefox like full hardware acceleration for the whole thing?On my computer Toms hardware runs fluently in FF even in power savor mode. With chrome I've to switch to balanced or high performance mode to get bearable experience.[/citation]
Interesting - on my AMD E350 netbook (with 4GB RAM, win7 64-bit), firefox freezes a bit while loading pages and Chrome is completely smooth. On my desktop (i5 750, geforce 550ti, 8GB RAM, win7 64-bit), both are fast, though chrome is a bit faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.