Google Still Lets Third-Party Devs Scan Your Email

Transparent, as in one sentence buried in page 92 of the developers EULA.:sarcastic:

Given their stance on privacy. My guess would be Apple with iCloud. At least as far as multinational conglomerates with free e-mail are concerned.

Otherwise it's going to be a paid e-mail host. As I recall using the online chat when setting up a domain with hostgator. I asked about them scanning through anything. The swore up and down that they don't look at anything in their customers accounts and that they specifically say so in their privacy policy. Although I didn't bother with reading that. My concern had more to do with domain ownership privacy.

I'd assume the same would be true for any Exchange host.

You could always host your own e-mail. Domain registration is cheap. Then some DNS service if you don't have a static IP. Although any e-mail you send to others will be read if it isn't encrypted.

Fait

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
Protonmail is your best option for privacy. May not be perfect but its the best you can get.

popatim

Titan
Just goes to further prove that anything you store on the net isn't really secure unless you encrypt it. And even then, with googles server/gpu farms, I'm sure they could break it in 10 minutes, if not faster.

phobicsq

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Well any mail can be opened, police can search your stuff most of the time, and we're all being put under surveillance so email being probed isn't that surprising.