Google Tries To Advance IoT Security With Android Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonkaler

Distinguished
"--and therefore the internet as a whole--more secure than they have been in the past"

I don't think android IoT is much of a player in terms of the internet as a whole.
Android smartphones yes, but IoT, not so much.

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
"I don't think android IoT is much of a player in terms of the internet as a whole.
Android smartphones yes, but IoT, not so much."

Hopefully somebody wiser than myself can post, but the big shutdown on the web last month was purportedly done by using a bunch of IoT connected devices, so their logic does seem sound.

"I don't think android IoT is much of a player in terms of the internet as a whole.
Android smartphones yes, but IoT, not so much."

Seem to be missing the entire point which is to change that by making it more alluring to companies to use Android IoT to both make development easier and to take the responsibility of exploit patching off of the manufacturers shoulders.
Thus if successfull then Android IoT would have a larger footprint in the internet as a whole.

jasonkaler

Distinguished

The single biggest factor in implementing IoT is cost.
IoT will be increasingly dominated by cheaper chipsets such as the ESP8266. At $1 per unit, it will flood the market 100x more than android ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.