Google: We Really Didn't Delete All Street View Data

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]...Either way, If i left my car on the street, unlocked with the doors wide open and somebody came and stole it, the insurance company ain't gonna pay me squat because I left it totally accessible to anybody.[/citation]

That makes no sense. Just because the insurance wouldn't want to cover you, doesn't mean it wasn't illegal. Just because I leave a car, unlocked, with the keys in it while it's still running, does that give the right for anyone anywhere to just jump in the car and take it? No, it's still car theft. I can still call the police and say my car was stolen.

Same goes for WiFi.

Kurdain1

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
If the authorities are so concerned about Google deleting the data, then why do they want it saved for their review? Seems there are more than 1 issue here that I find 'fishy'.

Seems the authorities want to penalize Google but then use the data to mine for information. Hippocratic to me.

Just another proof that Google is the biggest threat to personal privacy and privacy laws worldwide - it has absolutely no respect for any established laws. It's simply unfortunate.

[citation][nom]Kurdain1[/nom]If the authorities are so concerned about Google deleting the data, then why do they want it saved for their review? Seems there are more than 1 issue here that I find 'fishy'. Seems the authorities want to penalize Google but then use the data to mine for information. Hippocratic to me.[/citation]

Authorities can make requests but not of the sensitive data. Heck, it's the "authorities" themselves that ordered it destroyed by December 2010.

Also, it's spelled Hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.