Google's One Pass a Tool for Paid World Wide Web

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They know what you're reading and you can only read what they want you to. I like the graphics in the video though. But people need to realize, Google is EVIL.

G

When I hit a login or pay site, I exit and simply go to the next free easy access content site. Only by refusing to pay will we keep the free flow of information truly free. Reject google, apple and any other subscription models that aim to enslave us.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
How exciting, one more way for the internet to extract hard earned money from you. BTW, this'll mean less ads on websites like THG because I have pay for it now, right??

Failsauce for all but corporate sheep who pay because they have so much money, small amounts means nothing to them anyway. This is a product that could only succeed in a world where people think the news paper is worth more than $0.25/day.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
lets see here, how can this work...

first, no ads at all. if you take ads out of news sites, i would pay, possibly 1 cent an article, and lets say 1 cent per article per hour or per 10 articles, which ever comes first.

at the end of the month, they get lump sums from google on how much people were there.

thats about the only way i would use it. any news where i have to pay before i can see it isnt worth reading, but news for free with ads striped is worth paying for.

randomizer

Champion
In the end, content can't be entirely free unless it was donated. Online newspapers and other similar sites with regular articles have to pay their content writers, and that money has to come from somewhere. If it's not ads, it's subscriptions. Otherwise there's no paid writers and therefore no content. I know I could do with less online tabloids, but even my favourite sites all contain content written by paid content writers.

[citation][nom]mike tazman[/nom]When I hit a login or pay site, I exit and simply go to the next free easy access content site. Only by refusing to pay will we keep the free flow of information truly free. Reject google, apple and any other subscription models that aim to enslave us.[/citation]

Pray tell how will people make a living providing stuff for "free"? Free usually means "paid for with ads". Or "I stole the content from another site".

wizardprang

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
I don't mind paying for content, but the publishing industry seems to be looking for a way to charge us more while giving us less.

Can anyone explain why a Kindle e-book should cost more than a paperback?

illo

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
[citation][nom]pug_s[/nom]The problem is that most people are freeloaders who don't want to pay for 'premium' contents in the web.[/citation]

no, the problem is that people are greedy and are not satisfied with the millions ads get them. we could pay for services, still watch 4 minute commercials, have terribad buffer times and at the end of the day I could have torrented it for free.

rrmyguy

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
[citation][nom]pug_s[/nom]The problem is that most people are freeloaders who don't want to pay for 'premium' contents in the web.[/citation]
Ummm....most of us are already paying for the "web".... what else should we have to pay for???

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
^^...word.

we overlook adds so that we don't have to pay. this sounds ridiculous. i mean, if it works for some people, but i don't think i've encountered any textual content (aside books, which, I don't think, this targets) that i'd be remotely willing to pay for; or couldn't find for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.