Google's Twitter Accounts Get Giddy Over iPhone Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLz

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
Well I got to admit, what they did there was pretty clever. I at least got a chuckle out of it. Not to mention how many iOS users are downloading Google Maps by the droves right now. It only took a few hours to be the #1 free app in Apples App Store.

wannabepro

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
14,000 of them are five star
The other 2,000 are probably either a) Apple Employees or b) iSheep. Not that there is much difference between the two.. To hear an iSheep, you'd think they were payed to advertize Apple.

maverick1776

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
The google maps app is lightyears ahead of iMaps.
The streetview, the POI is much more up to date and accurate.
Apple needs to admit, when it comes to database, no one beats google's engine.
I'm really suprised google held nothing back. It's the same thing that the Galaxy S3 already has built in.

flaxx

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
[citation][nom]wannabepro[/nom]paid*[/citation]
Wow, you sure are ignorant. Try reading the reviews of people that gave it 4-stars instead of 5 and you'd see that it's for legitimate reasons. I gave it 4-stars because it only displays/speaks in imperial (miles/feet) instead of having an option to select metric (kilometers/meters). I'm otherwise very impressed. It's way better than the original Google Maps (made by Apple) and don't even get me started on the lousy, u-turn crazy, Apple maps.

G

i think he was just correcting his spelling... payed.. *paid

wannabepro

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]flaxx[/nom]Wow, you sure are ignorant. Try reading the reviews of people that gave it 4-stars instead of 5 and you'd see that it's for legitimate reasons. I gave it 4-stars because it only displays/speaks in imperial (miles/feet) instead of having an option to select metric (kilometers/meters). I'm otherwise very impressed. It's way better than the original Google Maps (made by Apple) and don't even get me started on the lousy, u-turn crazy, Apple maps.[/citation]

I am not a fan of Apple maps.. And that comment was directed at those people who gave it 1-2 stars. A map application can never be perfect unless it was updating at every second of every day.
[citation][nom]thirdym[/nom]i think he was just correcting his spelling... payed.. *paid[/citation]

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.