Got a friend's PC but no image will appear.

Sep 7, 2018
Hey. I got a PC from a friend, and it had been customized, but my friend said he pulled some parts out, and then he gave me the rest. I replaced the ram with 4 sticks of 16gb ddr3 ram. And that's all it looks like it's missing, but when I plug it in, my tv says no signal. I tried plugging it into my motherboard as well via hdmi but same result. I have also tried that blue cord that you screw in to your monitor, with a monitor, but same issue. Ialso tried 3 different cords as well. Any suggestions? Its a Dell Inspiron 570. If you need the service tag let me know. I have a 640 gb hard drive the mother board is there, the video card is there, the Disc reader it's there. It also has this peice that's plugged into the bottom of the motherboard.l, that has a ton of usb slots in it, with a netgear wireless thing plugged into one of those USB slots. The power source is also there. I dont know all of the technical terms so you might have to explain it in more simple terms.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
What do you mean by tried to plug it into my motherboard? The TV?

Do you have a standard (computer) monitor?

Going off memory, I have had an issue like this where I removed the GPU from a build that also had integrated. I forgot I had disabled the integrated in BIOS, so no splash screen. It seems like I recall having to reset the CMOS and it defaulted back. I am not sure I would go doing that without other feedback.

Sep 7, 2018
It's a Dell Inspiron 570. If you need the service tag let me know. I have a 640 gb hard drive the mother board is there, the video card is there, the Disc reader it's there. It also has this peice that's plugged into the bottom of the motherboard.l, that has a ton of usb slots in it, with a netgear wireless thing plugged into one of those USB slots. The power source is also there.