[SOLVED] Got a new graphics card now disk is 100% and I get BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

May 12, 2021
Hi I just got a new graphics card and after I put it in the PC I started it up and I was getting 100% disk usage than a few minutes after I got a BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. I reinstalled windows but it keeps happening I checked my ram with memtest and it was fine

Solution
Yes, I have
Specs:
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz

GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 970

PSU EVGA 600W 80 PLUS

MOBO ASROCK H97 PRO4

2TB HDD

And 16GB of Ram

Did I forget anything?
What BIOS revision are you on? I had an issue similar to yours but not the same --installed an RX 580 onto a B75 board and got "no boot drive" message. Updated the BIOS and issue resolved. I thought it might help since the issue pertains to changing GPU then suddenly storage drive issue.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Yes, I have
Specs:
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz

GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 970

PSU EVGA 600W 80 PLUS

MOBO ASROCK H97 PRO4

2TB HDD

And 16GB of Ram

Did I forget anything?
What BIOS revision are you on? I had an issue similar to yours but not the same --installed an RX 580 onto a B75 board and got "no boot drive" message. Updated the BIOS and issue resolved. I thought it might help since the issue pertains to changing GPU then suddenly storage drive issue.

Solution
May 12, 2021
I haven't updated my bios I will do that now

May 12, 2021
My bios are up to date