Question Got a real headscratcher and could use some professional advice !

indianajune1

Honorable
Jul 31, 2018
[Moderator edit to break up one solid paragraph of text.]

hey all, Can multi core enhancement glitch? I recently built a new PC with a 13700k and a nzxt kraken 360 AIO and an asus prime z790 MB. At first i was getting high temps in high 80c's low 90c's on a core or two when running OCCT link pack or cinebench like everyone else {normal use and gaming seems fine, low in fact.}

I went to bed that night, woke up, and tested it again and things were good. running OCCT it got to 79c the highest so i decided to leave multi core enhancement on since I only OC'ed one cpu before with the help of a guide and it seemed fine for about 3 months till the other night I noticed my max temps in ghost of tsushima where a lil higher than normal in the 70’s ,

so i ran a stress test and temps almost instantly shot up to the 80’s and 90’s with 96 being the highest ! Again, onlyu when stressing it so i said “screw its will deal with it in the morning” woke up and temps are fine again and have been for two days.

It was hotter that day then it has been but with the ac on it shouldn't have raised ambient temps 10-20c from that imo. Best i can think is asus MCE is maybe buggy and ordered a strix E z790 mb instead. its worth noting that when temps where cooler the next day the cpu passes intel diagnostic tool.

I'm at a loss so any advice or solutions more experienced users may have a very welcome , thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at a loss so any advice or solutions more experienced users may have a very welcome
solution for what?
you haven't listed any actual problems other than seeing higher than expected temperatures a couple times.

without knowing your full system specs,
system-wide cooling setup,
and how much the ASUS auto-overclock has altered default settings
there's nothing much to offer in terms of a solution.

Reactions: CountMike

indianajune1

Honorable
Jul 31, 2018
solution for what?
you haven't listed any actual problems other than seeing higher than expected temperatures a couple times.

without knowing your full system specs,
system-wide cooling setup,
and how much the ASUS auto-overclock has altered default settings
there's nothing much to offer in terms of a solution.
You don’t think temps skyrocketing to 96c for seemingly no reason one day under load then normal the next is a problem? Is for me. 🤷‍♂️ I did list my cpu, mother board, and cooler. I wouldn’t think my other parts or case/fans would be a contributing factor, but if it helps I have a Phanteks enthoo pro 2 with nine 120m fans as an intake, the kraken 360 up top and a 40m fan in the back as an exhaust. The cpu is at stock except I haven't turned multi core enhancement off. I don’t have asus auto overclock on the prime board since it’s a budget board.