Got a virus that shuts down anti virus software and redirects sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackns

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
Hey guys. Its my fault because I clicked a pop up link that I shouldnt have instead of closing down firefox when it happened. Anyway now It shut down microsoft security essentials and it wont allow me to run a complete scan with ANY anti virus program. I read the guide to removing viruses but neither the malware nor spybot ran a complete scan although malware lite did detect rootxx something and I deleted it but still having problems. I ran all these in safe mode btw but still got shut down and when runnin sypbot the system shut down. Only option I think I have is to run an anti virus directly from a usb drive or cd. Is that possible or is there any options I coukd try first because ill have to go by an anti virus first

blackns

Distinguished
May 25, 2006

thank you sooo much dude!!! that worked perfectly...didn't even have to go through all steps just tddkiller and it found the rootkit in my win32 folder and cured it. Now im able to run the pc with no problems in normal windows. Cleaning up right now by running microsoft security essentials and spybot to make sure nothing was left over. This had me so stressed...didn't even want to turn on my pc all week just used my phone

also hang the 9, i'll download that program and put it on disk as soon i get some more blank cds. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.