Question Got a warning from PcPartPicker- Is this a concern for my new PC?

Nov 28, 2023
“Warning: The MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI Micro ATX
AM5 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 7
7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor with BIOS version 7D77v16. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, updating the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU”

Is it likely that I’ll have to flash BIOS with this? I just got this part and it’s not shipped yet, just wondering what to and if this isn’t worth canceling over.

Not worth canceling. The motherboard has a BIOS flash button that allows you to flash the motherboard without even having it boot into the BIOS.

So, regardless of whether the motherboard has the correct BIOS already loaded when it was shipped, you can flash the motherboard on your own anyway without having to own a supported CPU.

Nov 28, 2023
Not worth canceling. The motherboard has a BIOS flash button that allows you to flash the motherboard without even having it boot into the BIOS.

So, regardless of whether the motherboard has the correct BIOS already loaded when it was shipped, you can flash the motherboard on your own anyway without having to own a supported CPU.
Thanks for the input, I just got really stressed about it and decided to cancel because I was starting to think it could be in the shipping phase quickly and wanted to make sure I wasn’t about to make a mistake. I’m kind of nervous of the BIOS Flash stuff after reading some stories. Bychance, you know any other motherboards right now that would pair well with the 7800X3D whilst not requiring a flash, and in the $100-200 range (with wifi)? Sorry since that’s super specific, it just looks like the ASRock one going for $125 went out of stock and I’m not really sure which motherboard makes sense.

Nov 28, 2023
How much are you willing to spend? And it's difficult to guarantee if any board will come with support of out the box. The chances are good but not 100%.
Hi! I ended up going with the Gigabyte 650 AORUS Elite AX since I checked the manufacturer’s website and saw the 7800X3D has been supported since their first BIOS version, so hopefully I made the right move!