Got an Idea for Us? Help Us Make the Site Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

xantech22

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
That's a good idea, only if you guys weed out the lol kitties

(Example: "plz make article on new winxp theme thx!")

No...

It should be more like "We want an article about Window 7 performance benchmarks against Mac OSX"

stuff like that or....

"Hardrive Special: Sata 2/3 vs SAS vs SSD" Raid and non-raid.

Capice?

change the way people vote (thumbs up, thumbs down) - too many people get poor votes from FUD boys etc, or for simply quoting something from an article instantly gets negative votes like wtf

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]xantech22[/nom]That's a good idea, only if you guys weed out the lol kitties(Example: "plz make article on new winxp theme thx!")No...It should be more like "We want an article about Window 7 performance benchmarks against Mac OSX"stuff like that or...."Hardrive Special: Sata 2/3 vs SAS vs SSD" Raid and non-raid.Capice?[/citation]

Capice! :)

christop

Distinguished
How about super riggs from users on the site pics and stats do it monthly or something.. RIGG OF THE MONTH WOULD BE COOL... I know it has been done but I love to see other people hardcore riggs...

sm0kex

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
i acutally liked ur guy's old site the one just before this one but i would like to see if you guys could add editing ur own posts

Geibys

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Submitted first recommendation! (Toms needs to do a PSU round up).[/citation]

I think its the only thing in a computer case that they don't review on the site.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]ie49589[/nom]Get rid of Jane McEntegarth. She made this site into a gossip magazine.[/citation]

Sorry, no 'Jane McEntegarth' works for Tom's Hardware but I can add her to the "do not hire" list if you'd like?

G

I seem to recall reading a post from one of the editors/benchmarkers that they would not rate PSU's at the time because it required specialized equipment that they didn't have (sine wave generators or some jazz like that). While I think a psu roundup would be great (it would have saved me from buying an Ultra with documented inconsistent amp output on the rails) I think a picture of the day would be neat-o, and may actually get me to register for once :3

grimreality

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2008
How to make Tom's better: bring back the OLD Tom's Games with the weekly episodes of Second Take and all the reviews, previews, etc with all the old personnel that have since been discarded.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]scryer_360[/nom]Question: will these links be placed on the front page? Right now I can't find them without coming to post.[/citation]
Bookmark? Also, hasn't anyone noticed the "feedback" tab which scrolls down the right side of the forum? It goes to this as well.

city_zen

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Great idea! Thanks for implementing this.

[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Sorry, no 'Jane McEntegarth' works for Tom's Hardware but I can add her to the "do not hire" list if you'd like?[/citation]

Yup, I'd do that, right now the quota for sassy female Irish journalists at Tom's is full :p

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
[citation][nom]city_zen[/nom]Great idea! Thanks for implementing this.Yup, I'd do that, right now the quota for sassy female Irish journalists at Tom's is full[/citation]

Yeah, and that sassy female Irish journalist probably did SAS training and would beat the crap out of anyone.

The world needs more sassy female Irish tech journalists.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
maybe you can update your CPU and GPU charts. i'd like those the most. i know it takes a lot of time but they haven't been touched in so long.

dragonfang18

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
You guys should get a Review tab, listing all your reviews of... Well all other subarticles as your forums and articles (CPU, GPU, PSU, MoBo, Etc...). Might want to also add mice and keyboards.

Organize it more, Like motherboards, sub category of that would be, socket type, processor type, or Manufacturer...
PSU: capabilities, Wattage, price range, manufacturer, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.