Got an Idea for Us? Help Us Make the Site Better

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Submitted first recommendation! (Toms needs to do a PSU round up).[/citation]

And more details about the PSU's - currently www.hardwaresecrets.com owns everyone, disecting there units and see where manafacturers "cheap it out" etc

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Luscious[/nom]Yeah, and that sassy female Irish journalist probably did SAS training and would beat the crap out of anyone.The world needs more sassy female Irish tech journalists.[/citation]

I experienced something far worse than SAS training when I was growing up: an Irish convent school.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I experienced something far worse than SAS training when I was growing up: an Irish convent school.[/citation]

I'm horrified to even think of such a thing!

We need a bench to see more into macs actually.
There are a few games for macs.
People have also played microsoft games on linux.
How about a side-by-side comparison? Suggesting.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]PhantomTrooper[/nom]tom's should add a video card chart that is updated after every test. that way when we go to buy new video cards we can easily compare.[/citation]

Agreed.

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I experienced something far worse than SAS training when I was growing up: an Irish convent school.[/citation]
More interesting than I thought.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Stop sending me emails about every article that get comments aside from mine that dont have anything to do with what I said. Every time I log on to my email I have about 20 emails from you guys and almost none have to do with a response to my comment. Only send my comment responses. And ironically, the only thing you guys dont email to me are my post responses. I want to know when someone responds to one of my posta. Make the forums easier to handle, such as making it easier to find my posts which is very hard for me. Try to get the table of contents on every page befgore you post an article, or leave the old table of contents. Give parish a job as a creepy romantic novelist, which would fit his cheesy metafors.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Stop sending me emails about every article that get comments aside from mine that dont have anything to do with what I said. Every time I log on to my email I have about 20 emails from you guys and almost none have to do with a response to my comment. Only send my comment responses. And ironically, the only thing you guys dont email to me are my post responses. I want to know when someone responds to one of my posta. Make the forums easier to handle, such as making it easier to find my posts which is very hard for me. Try to get the table of contents on every page befgore you post an article, or leave the old table of contents. Give parish a job as a creepy romantic novelist, which would fit his cheesy metafors.[/citation]

You should only be getting emails from articles you comment on. We assume that when you comment on an article, you're interested in the discussion. If you're just looking to submit a comment and not respond to anyone else's comments, uncheck the "alert me if new talkback" box before you click "submit my comment" button and you shouldn't get any more emails. :)

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Every time I log on to my email I have about 20 emails from you guys and almost none have to do with a response to my comment.[/citation]
So you expect the server to make sure the responses are relevant to your comment before sending you an email? What if someone responded to you but didn't quote? Reality check, please. Follow what Jane said.

[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]And ironically, the only thing you guys dont email to me are my post responses.[/citation]
That's because you used Quick Reply, which annoyingly does not activate mail notification automatically. If you used the full reply form then it's because you didn't check the box to enable mail notification.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I'm surprised how many people actually care about the mac systems ... must be at least 2 or 3 in this thread alone! Scary how otherwise intelligent people can have so faulty priorities.

Most of us don't care much about macs except when apple fucks up something and doesn't manage to censor it away before someone notices.

ps. Some of us like Jane's news pieces - so keep her on the list - with or without the h at the end. Wouldn't mind a summer roundup of gadjets featuring her in swimsuit presenting them .... a bit like those xmas articles with cute little santa helpers showing off something nobody looks at.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Make a sticky in the forums that compares the speed and bandwidth , along with other specs , on the lowest possible latency, RAM with timing anywhere from DDR2 800 to DDR3 2133.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
How about a video clip of the day? Sometimes a need a break from reading and just let the eyes see moving pictures. It doesn't have to be a Youtube if there are sharing issues but I would like to see clips of LN2 overclocking or new FPS benchmarks at work, etc.. What does Crysis really look like on quad GTX 295 SLI or how fast does Aquamark3 appear when someone goes for the world record? Is it over in a quick flash, like 2 seconds?

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
I would love a reply button, much like youtube. its very annoying trying to reply to someone comment. if i ask a question to them, or say something respondable, either 1. they dont reply, 2. they see it in their email as a new talk back dont look at it because that it a terrible system, 3. they reply, you dont see it.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]outacontrolpimp[/nom]I would love a reply button, much like youtube. its very annoying trying to reply to someone comment. if i ask a question to them, or say something respondable, either 1. they dont reply, 2. they see it in their email as a new talk back dont look at it because that it a terrible system, 3. they reply, you dont see it.[/citation]

Use this feature for replies. Or pm them if that's what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.