Got my first IPS monitor

zigaliro

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2016
Hello!

After thinking I finally purchased AOC AGON AG271Qg monitor, and so far it`s good. The colors are nice, 144hz is nice, gsync is nice.

It has some IPS glow, but I only notice it in the bottom right corner in dark games. It`s kinda annoying and I don`t know if I should return it or that`s good enough.

I also noticed what looked like a dead pixel, but when I zoomed in with the phone, the pixels look like it`s working, so I`m guessing it`s a scratch and the monitor came with a tiny scratch -_-

Here you can see the pictures of IPS glow(I only notice it in bottom right corner in dark images). Is that good or I should return it?

https://ibb.co/ezQSjy

IPS Glow --> not really avoidable
Backlight bleeding --> if it is really bad, return it. (not to be mistaken with IPS Glow)
Dead pixel --> if it is too visible or too many, return it.
Other problems: monitor scratch, dust under the screen, etc. ---> if they are bad enough, return them.

Note:
IPS Glow will change along with your viewing angle. Backlight bleeding does not change.
I can not really tell if those are backlight bleeding or IPS glow using your picture.
Camera's shutter opening time (longer) make light bleed, etc. looks worse than they actually are to human eyes.

zigaliro

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2016

I think I have IPS glow then since I can`t see it if i move my head to the right. It`s annoying, more than "color shift" of TN panels. For 700€ monitor that`s unacceptable.

IPS glow will always be there on IPS.
It is just how bad it can be.
On some monitors they are bad but there is nothing can be done.

Those extremely fast IPS are not the normal IPS. This technology is extremely new and the production is not fully stable yet.
Yes, it is already a lot more stable in the production than 3-4 years ago like as I bought my XB270HU but it is not yet there yet.
Due to the instability in the production, the chance that you will get a defective sample is quite high.
This is a fact, which one should know before hitting the buy button for any of those IPS with high refresh rate.
NOte: If you do get a perfect sample, everything is worth te gamble and price.

zigaliro

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2016

Well I decided that I will return the monitor and stick to my old TN panel. I will rather wait for the new generation of IPS 144hz monitors that doesn`t have these problems.

TRENDING THREADS