[SOLVED] Got that itch. Should I update

Pixel03

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
Hi Guys,

Current gaming rig is a GTX 1080, I7 7700K 16GB of Ram & Asus Predator 1440p 144 Hz G-sync monitor. I game at 1440p with high/ultra settings. Would it be worthwhile upgrading the GPU to an RTX 2080 Super? Would love to purchase the 2080 TI but at £1200 + its out of my price range. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Solution
Honestly, in all my experience upgrading; you should stick with your current hardware for another year or two or until GPUs get significantly better. Right now the GPU market has not made much progress since the GTX 10 series launched in 2016.

On the other hand, I love upgrading and buying new hardware. The 2080 Super would be a decent upgrade especially if you want to experience ray-tracing. More games are utilizing ray-tracing and I myself will probably want it when Cyberpunk2077 comes out next year.
Honestly, in all my experience upgrading; you should stick with your current hardware for another year or two or until GPUs get significantly better. Right now the GPU market has not made much progress since the GTX 10 series launched in 2016.

On the other hand, I love upgrading and buying new hardware. The 2080 Super would be a decent upgrade especially if you want to experience ray-tracing. More games are utilizing ray-tracing and I myself will probably want it when Cyberpunk2077 comes out next year.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Solution