Gothic 2 Gold and Spellforce Platinum coming to North Amer..

Just saw the following (German) press release about Gothic 2 Gold and
Spellforce Platinum finally being available in North America:

http://www.jowood-news.de/content/view/185/28/

According to Navarre, the publisher, both titles will be available on
October 24, for only $19.99 USD.

Dang it, I can't believe I'm about to buy both games a THIRD time!

littlemute wrote:
> That's great! (what the hell is spellforce?)

Spellforce is an RPG/RTS hybrid, and the original North American
release had probably the best box art I've ever seen. (It coaxed $50
out of my pocket anyway. *cough*)

I greatly enjoyed the game, but a number of RPG purists and RTS purists
were underwhelmed. It has a very long and increasingly challenging
single player campaign. The platinum version includes the game's two
expansion packs, niether of which has gotten a North American release.

Highlandish wrote:
> will gothic2 include an english version of the expansion?

Yessir, Gothic II Gold is the original game with the expansion
included. I don't know how much you know about the expansion, but it's
not so much a separate campaign as it is an enhanced version of the
original one. New characters, quests, plotlines, and opportunities-
but you start from scratch at Xardas's castle.

Josh Mayfield wrote:
> Highlandish wrote:
> > will gothic2 include an english version of the expansion?
>
> Yessir, Gothic II Gold is the original game with the expansion
> included. I don't know how much you know about the expansion, but it's
> not so much a separate campaign as it is an enhanced version of the
> original one. New characters, quests, plotlines, and opportunities-
> but you start from scratch at Xardas's castle.

They probably haven't mentioned this in any of the press releases, but
is there any information available on the voice actors present in the
English version of the expansion? It was a bit disappointed hearing
Xardas' voice for several of the characters in the original English
release of Gothic 2... If the diversity and quality of the voice
acting in the expansion is anything like the original English release
I'd be tempted to just order the German release of Gothic 2 Gold and
read subtitles via the fan-made patches.

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np: Dinosaur Jr - Gettin' Rough

On 27 Sep 2005 18:17:01 -0700, mattchu.mattchu@gmail.com wrote:

> It was a bit disappointed hearing
> Xardas' voice for several of the characters in the original English
> release of Gothic 2...

This is unfortunately common for localized games. English games localized
for Germany very often suffer from the same problem (one of my three major
griefs with Dungeon Siege 2), and I guess it's true the other way around
also. :/

M.

mattchu.matt...@gmail.com wrote:
> They probably haven't mentioned this in any of the press releases, but
> is there any information available on the voice actors present in the
> English version of the expansion? It was a bit disappointed hearing
> Xardas' voice for several of the characters in the original English
> release of Gothic 2... If the diversity and quality of the voice
> acting in the expansion is anything like the original English release
> I'd be tempted to just order the German release of Gothic 2 Gold and
> read subtitles via the fan-made patches.

I haven't heard, but like others suggested, you'll probably be hearing
the same voices over and over. I remember noticing that when playing,
but I thought the actual voice acting wasn't bad. Except in Gothic I
where all the female characters only said exactly the same sentence,
and it sounded like it had been recorded in someone's bathroom.

Also, regarding the German version with the English translation... it's
just not the same. I own the German version with the English patch,
and the cutscenes (there are new ones for the Night of the Raven
content) don't have subtitles, even though they set up the story. I
didn't get very far into it because I was bothered by what I was
missing (plus I started playing WoW).

Quoth The Raven: Josh Mayfield <ultibloo-usenet3@yahoo.com> in
1127838418.929220.206830@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com
> Just saw the following (German) press release about Gothic 2 Gold and
> Spellforce Platinum finally being available in North America:
>
> http://www.jowood-news.de/content/view/185/28/
>
> According to Navarre, the publisher, both titles will be available on
> October 24, for only $19.99 USD.
>
> Dang it, I can't believe I'm about to buy both games a THIRD time!

will gothic2 include an english version of the expansion?

--
"Smoking helps you lose weight -- one lung at a time!"

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

Thusly "Josh Mayfield" <ultibloo-usenet3@yahoo.com> Spake Unto All:

>Yessir, Gothic II Gold is the original game with the expansion
>included.

WOHOO!!!

Finally I get to play Night of the Raven. Damn, it's been long in
coming!

And to everyone: PLEASE buy this game, DON'T pirate it. We all know
how the world works, but this is a game which deserves every sale it
gets.

--
"Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
-- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal

Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> skrev i meddelelsen

> And to everyone: PLEASE buy this game, DON'T pirate it. We all know

IF it really includes an english version of "Nacht des Rabens" I'll fork
out the gold pieces it costs... no problemo!

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

>> It was a bit disappointed hearing
>> Xardas' voice for several of the characters in the original English
>> release of Gothic 2...
>
> This is unfortunately common for localized games. English games localized
> for Germany very often suffer from the same problem (one of my three major
> griefs with Dungeon Siege 2), and I guess it's true the other way around
> also. :/

The German version of Gothic 2 had the same problem with constantly
reappearing voice actors.

Quoth The Raven: Josh Mayfield <ultibloo-usenet3@yahoo.com> in
1127867623.382235.8660@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
> Highlandish wrote:
>> will gothic2 include an english version of the expansion?
>
> Yessir, Gothic II Gold is the original game with the expansion
> included. I don't know how much you know about the expansion, but
> it's not so much a separate campaign as it is an enhanced version of
> the original one. New characters, quests, plotlines, and
> opportunities- but you start from scratch at Xardas's castle.

about time the expansion was done officially in English

--
It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

The voice acting spoils the English version in that the dry cynical
"up-yours" atitudes... & have the main charater for a fool qualities are
missing in the style of the voices...this came home to me when I installed
the Eng. Sub-titled version of Night Of Raven add-on...the German Lang.
voices are still there along with the Eng. bits from the original ...and
there is much more expression-attitude in the German...even though my
British ears don't understand the words...
There is a thread a bit earlyer in this group complaining re. the difficulty
of the game ....catching on to the humour ...being given
silly-near-impossible tasks ....ordered to not go in places, you can in fact
just walk into...is all main-part of the fun n frustration and is much lost
with the poor English trans..

Luv mouse (the 1 oo caint spel)
@@@@

Gary_Busey

I used to english subtitle patch a while back, so I probably won't be buying this since I've beaten the game and the expansion several times. Great expansion though. Can't wait for Gothic 3 to come out.