GotoMyPC and Dual Monitors

BillW

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

I've read that gotomypc (or MS's remote access software) doesn't support
dual monitors.

I have an app that's usually maximized on my second window. When I restore
it by clicking on it in the task bar, it appears where it last was of
course, which happens to be on the second screen. And that means remotely,
I won't be able to see it.

It seems like a simple way to deal with this would be to have a way to first
restore the app in a window instead of maximized and then be able to move it
to the main monitor.

Is there a series of keystrokes, something available through windows Task
Manager, or something else that would help?

Thanks
wiw at_ nyc.rr.com

You can try using the move function of the window.
maximize it, then hold down alt, press the spacebar, release both then press
the M key and use the arrow keys to bring it to your desktop....not sure if
it'll work with the dual monitors though.

"BillW" <bill@billwolf.com> wrote in message
> I've read that gotomypc (or MS's remote access software) doesn't support
> dual monitors.
>
> I have an app that's usually maximized on my second window. When I
> restore
> it by clicking on it in the task bar, it appears where it last was of
> course, which happens to be on the second screen. And that means
> remotely,
> I won't be able to see it.
>
> It seems like a simple way to deal with this would be to have a way to
> first
> restore the app in a window instead of maximized and then be able to move
> it
> to the main monitor.
>
> Is there a series of keystrokes, something available through windows Task
> Manager, or something else that would help?
>
> Thanks
> wiw at_ nyc.rr.com

It does work, I have to do it on my setup at present.

Regards
Mark Dormer

"Demus" <Me@somewhereelse.com> wrote in message
> You can try using the move function of the window.
> maximize it, then hold down alt, press the spacebar, release both then
> press the M key and use the arrow keys to bring it to your desktop....not
> sure if it'll work with the dual monitors though.
>
> "BillW" <bill@billwolf.com> wrote in message
>> I've read that gotomypc (or MS's remote access software) doesn't support
>> dual monitors.
>>
>> I have an app that's usually maximized on my second window. When I
>> restore
>> it by clicking on it in the task bar, it appears where it last was of
>> course, which happens to be on the second screen. And that means
>> remotely,
>> I won't be able to see it.
>>
>> It seems like a simple way to deal with this would be to have a way to
>> first
>> restore the app in a window instead of maximized and then be able to move
>> it
>> to the main monitor.
>>
>> Is there a series of keystrokes, something available through windows Task
>> Manager, or something else that would help?
>>
>> Thanks
>> wiw at_ nyc.rr.com

BillW

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Thanks guys. The other approach I figured out was to resize or disable the
second monitor. Everything pops back to the first screen.

-B