GoW Issues

importdreams95

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
I recently reinstalled GoW, and I got this error. "You cannot run this game with modified executable code".

Now I have tried downloading the newest patch here: http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/pc/qfe1.htm

I also have the newest GFWL downloaded and installed. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I know that I can turn the clock back, but that won't help me, since I want to play on xbox live.

I'm wondering if its a 64bit issue. It seems like my PC doesn't actually install the patch, I don't get the *BACKUP* directory in my gears of war folder. I really hope someone has a solution to my problem, its starting to drive me crazy, thanks in advance.

Win7 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) 920 @ 2.67GHz
6144MB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX260

importdreams95

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010

Yes i've done this as well. Something that a buddy of mine came up with was installing it outside of the Program Files x86 folder, thinking maybe the patch was looking for the game in the Program Files. I tried installing it into the regular program files but it auto put it into x86 anyways, and I also got an error while it installed.

importdreams95

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010

Good luck, Im sure it will work for you. It works for everyone I know, but not me.

clutz

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
Okay. got the same error but manage to get it working.

1) go to http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/pc/qfe1.htm and select english (obviously)
- If it asks your for your age, enter your age and have your mouse hover over community header and select PC update at the bottom.
- select english

2) once patch downloads, run the patch and let it do it's thing.

3) give it a minue and you should see the splash picture and the game should run.

4) if no splash picture shows up after a bit, run the game from the games explorer or from the start menu.

importdreams95

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010

I have done this, its in my first post. I've tried saving the patch and running it, i've tried just running it. For some reason it wont actually install on my pc. When I click the patch it's literally done in 3-5 seconds. It doesn't even bring up the window to install.

Is your OS 64bit?