Gpixel VS Gtexel

shalehha

Commendable
Aug 17, 2018
I am very confused can anyone give me an explanation about Gpixel and Gtexel?? which one we need more/better?? I am sorry I have third question too, which gpu we have to choose?? more Gpixel or more in Gtexel? please

Solution
There is no correlation. Third times the charm? It's a useless number and you need to ignore it. It's calculated by simply multiplying clocks to units which doesn't take into account the algorithms used by different architectures and how that affects real world performance. It doesn't take into the architectural efficiencies and there are plenty of other factors that affect real world performance that a simple clocks times units calculation doesn't look at. The only thing you have to worry about for resolution is having enough vram.

Both gpus are close enough that I would just choose which is cheaper. If they are the same price too, it really doesn't matter which you choose. Get what you prefer. Most monitors are freesync since it...
If you are looking at which gpu to get, then you can ignore the spec sheet. The only thing you should care about is the performance you get and you can only tell by looking at benchmarks for the software/games you want to use/play.

If you saw those terms on gpuboss, then you should stay away from that site. There's too much misleading info on there.

Gpixel/s is how many dots can be drawn per second and Gtexel is how many textures can be applied. As a means of performance comparison, both are measures mostly relevant to games made before 2007 that make little or no use of shading power,

They are basically calculated by clock speed multiplied by number of render output units and texture mapping units, respectively.

Which makes them useless numbers and why they should be ignored. Specs can't be compared directly with gpus unless they are the same architecture. If benchmarks go back and forth between the gpus then they are close in performance. Take an average and pick one but both will likely do about the same for you. What gpus?

shalehha

Commendable
Aug 17, 2018
offcourse rx 560 and gtx 1050, most people say gtx 1050 better but I don't trust them because in my experience with gtx 650 ti boost I think I need more Gtexel compare with gtx 660. How is Gpixel and Gtexel affect with resolution we use?

in benchmark they are so close

There is no correlation. Third times the charm? It's a useless number and you need to ignore it. It's calculated by simply multiplying clocks to units which doesn't take into account the algorithms used by different architectures and how that affects real world performance. It doesn't take into the architectural efficiencies and there are plenty of other factors that affect real world performance that a simple clocks times units calculation doesn't look at. The only thing you have to worry about for resolution is having enough vram.

Both gpus are close enough that I would just choose which is cheaper. If they are the same price too, it really doesn't matter which you choose. Get what you prefer. Most monitors are freesync since it doesn't cost extra so it doesn't hurt to be able to try that out.

Solution