GPO Assignments to AD

Rich

Does Microsoft have a set number of GPO assignments that
can be placed in AD? Can I manage my GPO's by naming them
individually and placing them in the area needed? Does
this cause any major issues other than latency?

Thanks

Rich

I don't know if there is a set number offhand if there is one it probably is fairly
large. Best practice however would be to organize your OU structure to use minimum of
GPO's to get the job done and disable user or computer portion of the GPO if you are
not using it. You certainly can name a GPO whatever you need after you create it at
the domain or OU level, but I would not rename the default GPO for domain or domain
controller. GPO's can be linked to multiple containers. -- Steve