GPU 100c IDLE - HELP PLEASE!

roni0406

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
Hello, I have a 3 year old computer (bought in january 2014) and my graphics card is a GTX 630. My GPU has lately been reaching extremely high temperatures (100C+) and my fans have been EXTREMELY loud. This has caused me to lag immensely in games followed by my computer crashing. Weirdly enough, sometimes when I turn on my computer it is extremely quiet, and suddenly after 30 minutes or so, my fans just immediately burst into a loud roar. I cleaned my case, it did not help. I do occasionally kick my case my accident since I have nowhere to put my computer other than in front of my legs. Is it possible something is loose? The case feels cool to me but the GPU is extremely hot. The CPU is fine.

Solution

Putting new Thermal Paste on will be 100x easier than finding a cooler, buying it and installing it. Plus you will still need to apply new Thermal Paste when doing that so theres no point...

roni0406

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
Damn, I really desperately hope it isn't to do with the thermal paste because it seems so tedious :(

okay, thanks ill try

roni0406

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
Please help, my computer was fine and quiet for 3 hours today before it instantly went extremely loud and my FPS dropped from 200+ to 60 and then my computer crashed. I don't know why it does this, but it happens in waves. Could it still be a thermal paste issue? I have a feeling it might be to do with the graphics card. Is this possible?

roni0406

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

I'm planning on getting new parts soon, so if I replace the coolers will my computer be okay again?

roni0406

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

yeah, but if i cant be bothered to put on thermal paste and just change the coolers, will that fix the problem too?

SammChisnall

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2012

Putting new Thermal Paste on will be 100x easier than finding a cooler, buying it and installing it. Plus you will still need to apply new Thermal Paste when doing that so theres no point...

Solution