[SOLVED] GPU Advice Please for 2k plus gaming

Alfster

Honorable
Aug 20, 2014
Hi,

Gaming on my PC is pretty good. My PC is not that new and has the following basic specs:

Processor: i5 4690K
RAM: 20GB
GPU: R9 380

Basically what I want is a GPU that with the right monitor will give me at least 2k with good refresh rates. From researching on the web although my GPU allows for 2k resolution it will give poor refresh rates as it’s old.

So please could someone recommend a GPU that would give at least 2k and good refresh rates? My budget is £300 ($400).

Thanks!!

Solution
The best GPU you can get for that money is a RTX 3060 Ti. It'll probably take you a while to find one in stock that hasn't been significantly marked up, but that is easily the best $/performance you can get from a GPU at that price.

A RTX 3060 Ti should give you capable 1440p/60 fps+ in many games. Your CPU is old, has only 4 cores/threads (not enough for most modern games) so it'll hold you back in some games, causing stutter and causing your GPU to not be fully utilized.
The best GPU you can get for that money is a RTX 3060 Ti. It'll probably take you a while to find one in stock that hasn't been significantly marked up, but that is easily the best $/performance you can get from a GPU at that price.

A RTX 3060 Ti should give you capable 1440p/60 fps+ in many games. Your CPU is old, has only 4 cores/threads (not enough for most modern games) so it'll hold you back in some games, causing stutter and causing your GPU to not be fully utilized.

Solution