GPU Advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zecele

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
jemm's right there - CPU should be fine. I'd definitely stick with the GTX660 - 7870 will give you nothing extra you'd actually be able to see. And I wouldn't pay too much attention to Tom's Best Anything For The Money articles - they're always highly controversial and prices are totally wrong. They still think it costs £310 for a GTX670 for example. Look though the comments on a few and you'll see Don is pretty clueless about how much this stuff costs, which make his value recommendations meaningless.

It wouldn't. Possibly jemm means that interms of loading times, boot times etc, an SSD would be better. Otherwise, I'm not sure what he meant.

EDIT: And that is a bargain! Nice find! I've never bothered with Amazon for hardware in the past because I never saw good deals on there, but I'm gonna have to reconsider that I think.

zecele

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
This thread can be marked as solved.

I appreciate the help from everybody and for the recommendations.

Thanks

Andrew

jemm

Distinguished
The OP´s found a GTX660 and an HD7870 for the same price, but the 660Ti at the Amazon is definitely a good deal.

As for HDD is was exactly what I meant -- SSD would improve performance greatly! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.