Question GPU and CPU dropping to 0% while gaming.

Oct 8, 2020
My computer just has been recently dropping to 0% GPU and CPU use while gaming and I can't seem to find a proper fix. I can't necessarily say it is throttling since it is happening when they are fairly cool (50-60C). I would just like some tips into fixing this annoying error as it results in my game dropping to 20 frames every time it occurs.

GPU : MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X 8GB GDDR6

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core/16-Thread 7nm Processor

RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16

MB : GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE Motherboard

SSD : SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe PCI-E 500GB Solid State Drive

HDD : Seagate BarraCuda 2TB SATA 3.5'' 7200RPM

COOLER : Noctua CPU Cooler NH-D15

CASE : NZXT H510i COMPACT MID-TOWER ATX CASE

PSU : Corsair RMx Series RM750x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I genuinely feel this computer should have zero problems running literally any games at 1080p and just know that there is something silly going on.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

BIOS version for your motherboard? If you have updates pending, update the BIOS to the latest version. What version of Windows 10 are you on? You should be on version 2004. Have you tried running other games on the system to rule out a glitch with one or two titles? Name the titles you've tried the system on.

Oct 8, 2020

BIOS version for your motherboard? If you have updates pending, update the BIOS to the latest version. What version of Windows 10 are you on? You should be on version 2004. Have you tried running other games on the system to rule out a glitch with one or two titles? Name the titles you've tried the system on.
The Bios Version/Date says in system information that it is American Megatrends Inc. F10, 2019-11-15.

My windows version is under 2004, and the games that I am having trouble with is Black Ops 3 and Black Ops 1. I realize the ports of these games are fairly unoptimized for the pc releases, but this only started happening about a month back.

Oct 8, 2020

Just played a couple rounds of PUBG and it seems to be happening in that game as well.

Oct 8, 2020
My computer just has been recently dropping to 0% GPU and CPU use while gaming and I can't seem to find a proper fix. I can't necessarily say it is throttling since it is happening when they are fairly cool (50-60C). I would just like some tips into fixing this annoying error as it results in my game dropping to 20 frames every time it occurs.

GPU : MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X 8GB GDDR6

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core/16-Thread 7nm Processor

RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16

MB : GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE Motherboard

SSD : SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe PCI-E 500GB Solid State Drive

HDD : Seagate BarraCuda 2TB SATA 3.5'' 7200RPM

COOLER : Noctua CPU Cooler NH-D15

CASE : NZXT H510i COMPACT MID-TOWER ATX CASE

PSU : Corsair RMx Series RM750x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I genuinely feel this computer should have zero problems running literally any games at 1080p and just know that there is something silly going on.