Prominent
Apr 5, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a new PC build with:
AMD ryzen 7 1700
Msi AMD Vega 56
750 W PSU
B450 gaming plus ac msi mobo
8gb Ram near 2100 mhz but overclocked to 2800.
1tb hdd with 7200 rpm no SSD
And A shitty old 60 mz monitor with 4 ms respond time
Anyway the main problem I have it that I see people with my GPU can reach up to so much fps and stay at that fps consistently. However I always get lag spikes and for example while playing Fortnite which I dont play, and around 10 seconds before landing my fps drops to near 40 which rises back up when i land. Also my desktop is very laggy and I just factory reset my entire PC which changed nothing. I have been suspecting I have a defective psu or it could be my monitor or CPU or maybe ram as well. Please help I really dont like the fps I get in games and in CSGO I should get around 400 to 300 all high but i only get around 150 or 120 which isnt a number to complain about still.

Artov2004

Prominent
Apr 5, 2019
Hello everyone,

AMD ryzen 7 1700
Msi AMD Vega 56
750 W PSU
Anyway the main problem I have it that I see people with my GPU can reach up to so much fps and stay at that fps consistently. However I always get lag spikes and for example while playing Fortnite which I dont play, and around 10 seconds before landing my fps drops to near 40 which rises back up when i land. Also my desktop is very laggy and I just factory reset my entire PC which changed nothing. I have been suspecting I have a defective psu or it could be my monitor or CPU or maybe ram as well. Please help I really dont like the fps I get in games and in CSGO I should get around 400 to 300 all high but i only get around 150 or 120 which isnt a number to complain about still.

Artov2004

Prominent
Apr 5, 2019
stick with 1 thread
Hello everyone,

AMD ryzen 7 1700
Msi AMD Vega 56
750 W PSU

Artov2004

Prominent
Apr 5, 2019
If you only have single channel ram, that may be it, also clean your components with some kind of air spray.
My PC build is very new and I got my GPU 5 days ago since I thought GPU was the problem I dont think dust caused the problem but Ram maybe it and it is overclocked to 2800 megahertz.
I am very worried it can be the psu.