Question GPU and CPU not maxing out

Rockymang

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Okay so I have this setup, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LpCxzY and my games aren't reaching the full 144 frames when on higher demand. My CPU is under 20-40 percent load and my GPU is under 20-30 percent load. In game my frames are limited to my display, 144 frames, and yet with those low loads I'm reaching 90 to 100 frames. I tried underclocking CPU from 4.6 to traditional 3.6 and it changed nothing, so it isn't a power thing. This is replicated in all high demanding games so I don't know what to do. I'm also not thermal throttling as I tried max load for CPU and GPU individually and my max goes to 70 degrees as well as in game 65 degrees

Make sure you have enabled XMP profile for ram. check your settings for any setting locking your frame rate like Vsync in game or through GeForce experience. Since this is a Freesync monitor, it may be compatible with Nvidia through adaptive Gsync but could also involve problems. Make a test and disable freesync for your monitor in order to disasble adaptive gsync.

Rockymang

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Make sure you have enabled XMP profile for ram. check your settings for any setting locking your frame rate like Vsync in game or through GeForce experience. Since this is a Freesync monitor, it may be compatible with Nvidia through adaptive Gsync but could also involve problems. Make a test and disable freesync for your monitor in order to disasble adaptive gsync.
XMP Profile is already enabled. Any other suggestions?