Question GPU and CPU Performing Poorly

Nov 30, 2022
Just yesterday I installed a ryzen 9 5950x into my pc to prevent my 3080 from bottlenecking my cpu.

Ran a user benchmark and results are still terrible but my cpu temp is always around and inbetween 38-55C and GPU Temps stay between 35-70C even while gaming.

FPS in games does not seem like they are where they should be either, anyone have any ideas or solutions that would help my performance?

Clock Speed: Cpu 3700mhz // Gpu 1905mhz

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/57064956

Specs:

Asus x470-F Gaming Motherboard

Ryzen 9 5950x CPU

NZXT Kraken 120 AIO CPU Cooler

Asus ROG 3080 OC GPU

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x16GB RAM

///////
Just updated bios getting higher idle temps not sure if i should be worried or not, says my cpu clock speed is bouncing from 4900mhz to 5000mhz and ran another 3dmark here are my results
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/33077239

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022
A 120mm AIO isn't sufficient for that CPU.
Have any recommendations for a new cpu water cooler aio/aeo for am4 socket up to or around 100-150$? New to this type of cooling i always had a box or tower cpu fan for my other builds. Kind of on a budget though but dont want to get something that will end up turning into a hassle, my case does not seem to have alot of fan room its an older nzxt case that has one rear fan slot, one top fan slot, and a 2-3 fan slot on front depending on the fan size

Nov 30, 2022
Pay the low load thermals little mind. The scenarios where the cpu is completely loaded, or when the gpu is active matter more.

Don't compare Ryzen 5000 low load behavior to Intel - if you are. They are not the same.

Tried out a Call of duty multiplayer match to see cpu temps, was bouncing between 72-83C while the gpu was sitting around 55-65C but the fps i was originally getting was only around 110-115 now im getting 200-240 so im happy about the performance boost just worried about temps

Reactions: Vic 40

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Have any recommendations for a new cpu water cooler aio/aeo for am4 socket up to or around 100-150$? New to this type of cooling i always had a box or tower cpu fan for my other builds. Kind of on a budget though but dont want to get something that will end up turning into a hassle, my case does not seem to have alot of fan room its an older nzxt case that has one rear fan slot, one top fan slot, and a 2-3 fan slot on front depending on the fan size
So it's an H500 series? S340 series? Those cases are bad for AIO/CLCs anyway; the rear and top support no larger than 120mm, which isn't the right place for a 120mm liquid cooler(IMO), and the front panel is closed off, hindering cooling efficiency of liquid coolers placed there.
Air cooler going to be better both ways, but can't recommend any without knowing the exact case model - due to differences in available height.

Tried out a Call of duty multiplayer match to see cpu temps, was bouncing between 72-83C while the gpu was sitting around 55-65C but the fps i was originally getting was only around 110-115 now im getting 200-240 so im happy about the performance boost just worried about temps
Nothing to worry about.
Fps was poor due to the cores being locked to 3.7ghz.

Reactions: drivinfast247
Nov 30, 2022
So it's an H500 series? S340 series? Those cases are bad for AIO/CLCs anyway; the rear and top support no larger than 120mm, which isn't the right place for a 120mm liquid cooler(IMO), and the front panel is closed off, hindering cooling efficiency of liquid coolers placed there.
Air cooler going to be better both ways, but can't recommend any without knowing the exact case model - due to differences in available height.

Nothing to worry about.
Fps was poor due to the cores being locked to 3.7ghz.

It is the nzxt H500 Compact Atx Mid Tower Case.
So you think i should steer away from liquid and stick to fan cooling? Also those temps are normal?