GPU at 99% most of the time trying to stream

May 1, 2018
I've just started streaming using xsplit. I started streaming overwatch which seemed to do fine when I put the bit rate to 6000 kbps. It was only using about 50-60% of my gpu usage, my preview on xsplit was smooth and so was my stream. It's when I switched to other games like Hunt: Showdown and PUBG it says it's taking 99% of my gpu and my preview for xsplit is laggy and so is my stream. But the game itself works perfect. I've spent countless hours researching on how to combat this with no avail. I'm getting bummed out because I spent so much money on getting my computer up to par for streaming. If anyone could help by telling me what I can do that I haven't done already please tell me!
I've tried:
Turning off hardware acceleration
Turning off geforce shadowplay
Prioritizing programs
focusing on CPU video processing
And played around with settings in xsplit.

I have a:
Watercooled i7 8700k
EVGA SSC 1060 6gb
4tb had
250 gb ssd
16 gb of ddr4 RAM

Thank you for your time!

GPU at 100% usage will not cause stutter,if you put the recording at the highest priority then the recording will always be smooth but some games will freak out if there is something else with a high priority...because reasons...
If you put your game on a high priority so that it will always run smoothly then the OS will neglect the recording to not slow down the game at all.

It depends on how crappy the game is,sometime the only thing you can do is to put a FPS limit to your game so that it runs smoothly but still leaves enough room for the recording.

May 1, 2018
Yes I have given xsplit higher CPU affinity unfortunatley. And I don't understand then why would my preview AND my stream (but not my game) only stutter or slow down then speed up only when my gpu is using 99% or even 100%. The only one that it does not stutter on is when the GPU was using way less. Like overwatch (which I don't have a capped fps and everything is on ultra) is only taking max 60% gpu and there is absolutely no lag :/