Question GPU Benchmark errors

JackDonoghue

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016
So I just did a fresh install of windows because I installed my new mobo, psu, and cpu for my rig. After installing all the up to date drivers I ran my benchmark test and it constantly came back with an error:
ERROR: Sphere GPU benchmark failed, aborting further tests on this gpu

I have done everything I can think of to fix the problem: Disabled all overlays, tried with and without an OC, checked all my thermals, etc and nothing worked.

Here is the test: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18546660

Please help, I want to see how much my system improved with the new cpu!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Just simply try your system in a real world application to see the improvement. Many benchmarks are not accurate at giving you real world impacts of your system, and ultimately doesn't always compare apples to apples.

What is the rest of your system spec including PSU make and model?
Has the GPU worked normally previously?
Can you try testing the GPU with another testing software like Furmark?
What thermals were you reaching?

JackDonoghue

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016
Just simply try your system in a real world application to see the improvement. Many benchmarks are not accurate at giving you real world impacts of your system, and ultimately doesn't always compare apples to apples.

What is the rest of your system spec including PSU make and model?
Has the GPU worked normally previously?
Can you try testing the GPU with another testing software like Furmark?
What thermals were you reaching?
Running a gigabyte 650 watt (should be plenty of power), thermals are A-Okay (I ran one of the benchmarks at like 65-70c). In game performance is not suffering. GPU worked on the benchmark before fresh install.

Just downloaded Furmark: Its working fine, Temps at 47c etc.
It shows that I have the driver in Furmark but has it as No for a UWD driver. Do I need that? Checked with NVIDIA and cant find an install for anything that I dont already have.