Question GPU black screen error in games

Jan 5, 2024
Good friends, how are you?
I tell you about 2 months ago I bought a new graphics card AMD RX 7600 XT and a strange error has happened to me twice, the computer goes black while I play and restarts, I hear Windows come in again but the entire screen goes black, so I have to turn off I turn off the case button on the computer and turn it back on to play video, in Adrenaline what I see is that it deactivates the AMD SmartAccess memory, to enable it I have to deactivate it again and re-enable it from the bios so that Adrenaline can read it.

It should be noted that the first time it happened to me on a different motherboard with different components than the ones I have now and with Windows 10.

I currently upgraded to a new motherboard, nvme ram and corsair and the same error keeps happening, it's only happened to me twice since I got the graphics card.

I leave you the specifications of my computer.
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI II
Graphics card: AMD RX 7600 XT
Nvme: samsung 2tb 980 pro (main disk)
SSD: western digital 480gb
Ram memory: Corsair pro RGB ddr4 32gb
Power source: corsair rm750e 750 watts
Operating system: Windows 11 pro

In advance I greatly appreciate your help or any suggestions you can give me, if it is something worrying or if it happened to someone else, a hug to the entire community.

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS version for your motherboard?

I currently upgraded to a new motherboard, nvme ram and corsair and the same error keeps happening, it's only happened to me twice since I got the graphics card.
Did you reinstall the OS after the motherboard upgrade?

Reactions: inicio015
Jan 5, 2024
BIOS version for your motherboard?

Did you reinstall the OS after the motherboard upgrade?
Hello, thanks for answering
The bios version of my motherboard is 2806.

Yes I did a clean install on my nvme

But the thing is that this problem occurred on a different motherboard.

May 7, 2024
If the same issue happened with the same GPU but all other different components then it's probably the GPU. Try stress testing with FurMark or the like and see if there is any correlation. Also check if you have any recent entries in C:\Windows\Minidump or a C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP which you can upload to a cloud storage platform (e.g. Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox) and share the link(s) here since you mentioned you heard Windows restarting.

Reactions: inicio015
Jan 5, 2024
If the same issue happened with the same GPU but all other different components then it's probably the GPU. Try stress testing with FurMark or the like and see if there is any correlation. Also check if you have any recent entries in C:\Windows\Minidump or a C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP which you can upload to a cloud storage platform (e.g. Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox) and share the link(s) here since you mentioned you heard Windows restarting.
It is something that happens very from time to time, yesterday and today I was stressed, playing for quite a long time and everything was normal, this problem has happened to me that if after a short time of playing that if 4 to 5 minutes, I do not have any log of error, although in the event viewer an error appeared but I have lost sight of it, if it occurs again I publish the error