Question GPU blocked from entering the PCI-E x16 slot by the expansion slots

Aug 6, 2021
hello, so i have got a problem. i have got a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650ti. i cant insert it into the PCI-E slot because the metal part of the GPU cant fit into the expansion slot (it gets blocked by the metal part above and inbetween the 2 slots at the back of the gpu)
do i need to cut out the metal parts?
is there anything else i can do to make the gpu fit?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please don't!

Might want to include the make and model of your motherboard as well as a video of how you're trying to insert the GPU into said PCIe slot. You can host your images/videos on Imgur and then parse the link here for us to see. If you're working with a build in a case, please include the make and model of the case as well. If the system is breadboarded, then leave the case's detail out.

Aug 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please don't!

Might want to include the make and model of your motherboard as well as a video of how you're trying to insert the GPU into said PCIe slot. You can host your images/videos on Imgur and then parse the link here for us to see. If you're working with a build in a case, please include the make and model of the case as well. If the system is breadboarded, then leave the case's detail out.
my pc is a lenovo thinkcentre m83, i bought a small gpu so that it can fit, i didnt expect it to have a problem like that.
im trying to insert the gpu into the slot the normal way everybody does