GPU bottlenecking CPU

Jul 27, 2018
Aye, hello folks. This is my first post on this forum but I just had to come and ask people with greater knowledge about computers.

So, the thing is, I have an i7-2600k running on 3,4ghz, 16gigs of ddr3 ramm and a radeon hd 5550 1gig gpu. I was wondering if the graphics card could be possibly bottlenecking the cpu. Of course I was planning to upgrade that gpu some day in the future but that's what I'm using at the moment.

I was playing csgo on somewhat high settings and I could barely get a stable 70fps. And for what I understand, csgo is a processor balanced game.

Thank you in advance. :D

Solution
In that combo the graphics card is a substantial bottleneck. You could comfortably run a GTX 1060 or RX 580 with that CPU if the cpu is overclocked or a 1050ti or RX 570 at base clocks and have a good balance. You have tons of headroom for a better graphics card if you want to get one.

dragonstar914

Proper
Jun 24, 2018
In that combo the graphics card is a substantial bottleneck. You could comfortably run a GTX 1060 or RX 580 with that CPU if the cpu is overclocked or a 1050ti or RX 570 at base clocks and have a good balance. You have tons of headroom for a better graphics card if you want to get one.

Solution