Question GPU Brackets?

Haliax68

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
Hey everyone, quick question. Can I use ANY GPU bracket for my new GIGABYTE VISION GeForce RTX 3060 12gb GPU? Or do I have to get a very specific one? Not sure how this works? I have the Fractal Design Define Compact case. And I see that they sell a bracket called the B-20. But it's stupid expensive, and would rather not spend $60 on a tiny piece of pot metal.

So just wondering if I can use any bracket to hold the GPU? Or do I have to get a specific one? And FYI, I want to be able to install the card upright or vertical.

Like here's one on Amazon for 40 bucks. Can I use these? Or does it have to be the Fractal Design specific one?
GPU Bracket

Thanks

Last edited:

Haliax68

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
I wouldn't buy either of those, due to the PCI-E 3.0 cable. I would probably go with this one, as it includes a 4.0 cable.

https://www.amazon.com/DeepCool-Vertical-Included-Universal-Expansion/dp/B09W5KD5LH
Oh yeah, I forgot about the PCIe 4.0 part.

But other than that, can I get any vertical bracket? Or does it have to be specific to my case? I'm seeing TONS of PCIe 4.0 vertical brackets from all sorts of brands all over the internet, and don't know if I can use them or not? Is there a way to determine if my GPU works with them? Is there some sort of online tool, that helps you see what brackets fit what cards and cases? Or do I just need to ask here?

And after reading reviews on these EZDIY GPU brackets, I'm not going with one of those. They all have aprox 12-15% of the reviews giving them 1 star and saying the cable fails all the time and makes errors in the computer, etc etc. Just massive problems. Guess I need to try and stick with major known brands?

Thank you so much