[SOLVED] GPU briefly hangs then crashes every few seconds

HNTR.

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
My PC hangs, then the display turns off briefly and it repeats for every few seconds even under little load.

I think the problem is my GPU (GT 730) because when I disabled the driver it doesn't hang anymore.

SPECS:
MOBO: Asrock Pro BTC h81
RAM : DDR3 8GB 1600mhz
PROC: Intel Xeon E3-1220v3
GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GT 730
PSU: HALO BeQuiet 600GW v2.3

What I did try:
clean re-install the driver with 'Display Driver Uninstaller' - installer failed to detect the GPU so I manualy installed it in device manager, problem still persists.
tried Nvidia drivers version 362 and under. Detected once and GPU crashed, failing the driver installation program. Manually installed and it still persist.
Clean re-install of windows 10 then installed the driver - problem still persists.
Disabled the drivers for GPU - PC is now kinda usable. It doesn't lag anymore.

What should I do? Is it time for an upgrade or is it still fixable?

Solution
My PC hangs, then the display turns off briefly and it repeats for every few seconds even under little load.

I think the problem is my GPU (GT 730) because when I disabled the driver it doesn't hang anymore.

SPECS:

What I did try:

One thing you can try is to run your computer without the GPU as you said, and try to see if the issue persists after leaving it on. However the GT730 is an old card and you should upgrade it as I had a GT710, 730 and a 740 and they all were defective in my time, therefore yes, it is probably...

SPECS:

What I did try:

One thing you can try is to run your computer without the GPU as you said, and try to see if the issue persists after leaving it on. However the GT730 is an old card and you should upgrade it as I had a GT710, 730 and a 740 and they all were defective in my time, therefore yes, it is probably the GPU and there is no point fixing it as it is old.

Solution