[SOLVED] GPU buzzing from a certain fan speed ?

Jul 28, 2021
Hello!

I have an Asus RTX 3060Ti Dual O8C that I bought in December 2020. It has been fine until about January - February when it started making some buzzing sounds.
At first, I thought it was the PSU, then coil whine, but what I found was that, even with no load, if I set the GPU fans to anything over 84%, the buzzing starts.
The temperatures seem fine and the performance is great. There doesn't seem to be a slower fan, although if it's just by a little bit, then I probably wouldn't have a way to find that out.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X,
GPU: Asus RTX 3060Ti Dual O8C,
RAM: 16GB DDR4 HyperX Predator (2x8GB),
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DSH3
PSU: Seasonic Focus-GX 80+ Gold 650W,
SSD M.2: ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro 256GB
SSD SATA: ADATA Ultimate SU650 480GB,
Case: Deepcool Macube 310P

Here is a recording I made while under load

Is this coil whine or a bad fan bearing or something else?

Solution
Hello!

I have an Asus RTX 3060Ti Dual O8C that I bought in December 2020. It has been fine until about January - February when it started making some buzzing sounds.
At first, I thought it was the PSU, then coil whine, but what I found was that, even with no load, if I set the GPU fans to anything over 84%, the buzzing starts.
The temperatures seem fine and the performance is great. There doesn't seem to be a slower fan, although if it's just by a little bit, then I probably wouldn't have a way to find that out.

Specs:
SSD SATA...
Hello!

Specs:
SSD SATA: ADATA Ultimate SU650 480GB,
Case: Deepcool Macube 310P

Here is a recording I made while under load

Is this coil whine or a bad fan bearing or something else?

Reading your post I would said is probably one of the fans starting to fail. Or a cable that got lose and its hitting the fan blades.

Solution
Jul 28, 2021
I did a little test with Twelve Minutes.
The GPU fans were at approximately 2555 RPM and there was no buzzing. This is around 90% fan speed on MSI Afterburner.
If I manually set it to 85%, for example, the buzzing noise is audible at about 2350-2400 RPM.
This is very weird to me. Why is it not buzzing at 2555 RPM? Could it be making a buzz, but at a frequency I cannot hear?

I'll take it out of the case and inspect it tomorrow

Reactions: RodroX
I did a little test with Twelve Minutes.
The GPU fans were at approximately 2555 RPM and there was no buzzing. This is around 90% fan speed on MSI Afterburner.
If I manually set it to 85%, for example, the buzzing noise is audible at about 2350-2400 RPM.
This is very weird to me. Why is it not buzzing at 2555 RPM? Could it be making a buzz, but at a frequency I cannot hear?

I'll take it out of the case and inspect it tomorrow

Other than that, The temperature and performance of the card is ok?

Jul 28, 2021
I checked and the fan next to the output ports was the one buzzing.
I sent the GPU to the seller for warranty and 2 weeks later they sent it back saying it's OK.

It's not buzzing anymore, so I think their service did do something, but they were too lazy to document it.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: RodroX