[SOLVED] GPU causing srttrail.txt?

Jan 13, 2020
Yesterday my pc crashed and started freezing during boot. Eventually it gave me the srttrail error, but re installing windows 10 home fixed it.

Now my pc will only use cpu graphics and crashes when trying to update gpu drivers, hwinfo shows my gpu and when I boot into safe mode I can see it in device manager otherwise I don't see it anywhere. I've tried ddu and reinstalling the gpu, but it still crashes during driver installation, If I set my pc to prioritize pcie on boot it crashes and gives me srttrail error. I have also tried bootrec commands with no luck.

My pc is 5 years old now
specs:
Asus z170 pro gaming
Strix gtx 980
i5 6600k
650 watt psu

hwinfo picture:
88xDzGB.png

Solution
can you test GPU in another PC? If driver refuses to install it can be a sign GPU is dying.

srttrail is a boot error. Its likely the freezes are corrupting the boot files and that is why you get the error. Installs are often only answer I have for that error as well.

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you test GPU in another PC? If driver refuses to install it can be a sign GPU is dying.

srttrail is a boot error. Its likely the freezes are corrupting the boot files and that is why you get the error. Installs are often only answer I have for that error as well.

Solution