Question GPU coil whine when watching videos?

Aug 22, 2020
Hi all, I've always thought the rattle/coil whine coming from my pc is due to the fan bearing of the GPU, but today I discovered that it has something to do with video playback. When loading a video file or watching Facebook videos, a distinct rattle/coil whine can be heard, it is not loud and sounds similar to an aircon. In fact, the sound is very similar to this post (https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/is-this-coil-whine-or-some-other-matter.3635043/).

Although I said the sound is coming from GPU, I'm still not 100% sure whether its the GPU or the PSU. When watching videos, the fan is spinning at a constant RPM of 680. Usage at about 8-15%. Surprisingly the sound is not present when watching videos on Youtube regardless of resolution/FPS.

When gaming there is a different coil whine. It's higher in pitch and I'm pretty sure this is due to the GPU since it comes as the GPU tach LEDs light up.

My question is should PSU/GPU make noise when there is very little load? And would a bench test such as cinebench help me identify the source of the coil whine? My theory is that if the noise is produced by PSU delivering power to the GPU, when stressing the system via cinebench, the PSU should reproduce the same sound. \

Gpu - vega 56 air boosted
PSU - sf750