Question GPU comp. problem

Nov 30, 2020
A few days ago, I asked for help about no display problem. The problem occurred when I installed new psu. All fans are spinning, but display, keyboard and mouse doesn't work. When I remove the graphic card from the pci-e port, the keyboard and mouse start working. I hope somebody know from where this problem can come from!
P.s I tried all the thing in the "no display manual" from this site..

Lutfij

Titan
I went through your post history, just to see if you mentioned anything about your specs in them and I was asking you to repeat it, although it would be necessary for the community to understand what you have and not guess what you have.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-display-problem.3667043/post-22086504

That being said, why aren't you replacing the PSU? That unit is not reliable and I think if you invested or even borrowed a PSU of reliable build quality, you'd be better able to see if the ret of the components are bad.

Reactions: Thelordofturqn
which new PSU did you install?

Which GPU are you using?

Is the monitor connected to the GPU without adapters and not to the motherboard´s video port?

Did you connect all power connectors? GPU, 8pin ATX12V/EPS, 24pin main power
Are you using the cables which were delivered with the new power supply and not the old ones?

Nov 30, 2020
My specs:
Mobo: Asus prime b450m-k
Cpu: Ryzen 2700x
GPU: gtx 1060 3gb
G.skills 16gb-3200
Psu: Kolink atx modular 700w - 80 bronze

All my cables are right in the sockets, and all cables are coming directly from the psu. I don't have onboard graphics so I can't see if I get to the bios when the pci-e slot is empty.
I also tried the gpu on my older system and it is working fine!

Last edited:
Your new PSU is not a reliable and good unit but it might be good enough to power the system. I would return it and buy a better one if I were you.

As for your issue. You said you tried the GPU in your older system. Please post specs of that system including the PSU make and model. Also, what was the previous PSU you used?

please take some pictures of your build (connections)
use imgur uploading these pictures and post the link

try the kingston ram on the B450 motherboard

check the connectors again, a pin could be moved out or not connected anymore to the connector itself while you plugged it in the motherboard

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020
please take some pictures of your build (connections)
use imgur uploading these pictures and post the link

try the kingston ram on the B450 motherboard

check the connectors again, a pin could be moved out or not connected anymore to the connector itself while you plugged it in the motherboard
Sure. I will also try the old psu. If the old one is working can I assume that the new one is trash?

Nov 30, 2020
All cables are pushed to the clipping point. Also the old psu don't work with the new system. So the problem isn't coming from it. I don't know exactly why when I take the gpu from the psi-e the bios is boot-ing. Except I don't have display to change thing in there..