Question Gpu Core Clocks lower than normal

Sep 8, 2021
So bascially whenever i open up msi afterburner in home screen (as in im not ingame)I always observe that my gpu core clock at the top is displaying 200mhz, although at the bottom where you can adjust the clocks it says 1200mhz, and whenever I play a game at the start like battlefield V its usually 1200mhz but whenever i join a game lobby it drops all the way to 200mhz and hovers at around 750mhz (Max I saw is 957mhz) which leads to worse performance than standard. I installed the newest amd drivers and my gpu and cpu temps max out at round 60 degrees celsius max. Any help is much appreciated. Specs btw: Ryzen 3 3200ge, Vega 8, 16gb dual channel 2666mhz ram oc to 3066mhz, msi a320m mobo, and some random 10 dollar (max) psu. p.s. its a prebuilt my parents got me for my birthday :).

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

some random 10 dollar (max) psu
Yeah you might want to think about a reliably built PSU that can deliver power to all components.

As for your specs, we will need the model of the parts, as opposed to being listed generically. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard: include BIOS version
Ram: make and model
SSD/HDD: make and model(s)
GPU:
PSU: make and model
Chassis: make and model
OS: version(not edition) of Windows 10, assuming you're on Windows 10.

Did you try reinstalling your GPU drivers? Might I ask how you got the rams overclocked to DDR4-3066MHz?

Sep 8, 2021
So bascially whenever i open up msi afterburner in home screen (as in im not ingame)I always observe that my gpu core clock at the top is displaying 200mhz, although at the bottom where you can adjust the clocks it says 1200mhz, and whenever I play a game at the start like battlefield V its usually 1200mhz but whenever i join a game lobby it drops all the way to 200mhz and hovers at around 750mhz (Max I saw is 957mhz) which leads to worse performance than standard. I installed the newest amd drivers and my gpu and cpu temps max out at round 60 degrees celsius max. Any help is much appreciated. Specs btw: Ryzen 3 3200ge, Vega 8, 16gb dual channel 2666mhz ram oc to 3066mhz, msi a320m mobo, and some random 10 dollar (max) psu. p.s. its a prebuilt my parents got me for my birthday :).
oh nice i didnt know id get a reply so fast, yeah in hindsight that psu is definitely in a league of its own so ill get back to you with all the respective info, thanks for such a fast reply :)

Sep 8, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

some random 10 dollar (max) psu
Yeah you might want to think about a reliably built PSU that can deliver power to all components.

As for your specs, we will need the model of the parts, as opposed to being listed generically. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard: include BIOS version
Ram: make and model
SSD/HDD: make and model(s)
GPU:
PSU: make and model
Chassis: make and model
OS: version(not edition) of Windows 10, assuming you're on Windows 10.

Did you try reinstalling your GPU drivers? Might I ask how you got the rams overclocked to DDR4-3066MHz?
also i have a hunch that its the psu's fault, since ive had rather consistent sudden shutdowns once every day, like when i wake up and boot my pc for the first time in the day, its almost guranteed that it would shutdown suddenly but it would be fine for the rest of day