[SOLVED] GPU crash on new motherboard and CPU (Event ID: 4101-Display driver nvlddmkm crash) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2021
I need some advise on the problem I am facing. My GPU driver keeps crashing when I am playing game or running 3D stuff. I tried to change my old GPU (GTX 1050Ti) into the board to test in case it is a faulty GPU but the same thing happen. After that, I send my motherboard and CPU back to the PC shop but when the technician tested the hardware the problem did not occur. This problem did not happened on my old motherboard and CPU (Ryzen 3 1300x and ASUS Prime A-320m).

My Spec:
TUF B550m plus WiFi
Ryzen 5 5600g
Wraith Stealth Stock Cooler
Gigabyte GeForce RTX™ 2060 OC 6G (rev. 2.0)
Corsair CV650 650 watts
16 GB Apacer 2133mhz ram

Performed Troubleshoot:
Reformat windows
DDU Driver
Underclock GPU
Memtest86 on ram (no error)
Furmark test (no error)
Heaven Benchmark test (screen freeze...black screen then the frame continue. The crash occurred. )

I am running out of troubleshoot ideas. Any advice would be appreciate.

Solution
Jun 29, 2021
Get into the BIOS and go to Advanced Mode (usually F7)

Look for PCIe X16 slot Mode which should have options for Auto, Gen1, Gen2,Gen3 or Gen4. If its in Auto/Gen4. try to set it to Gen 3. If its in Gen 3 set try it to Auto.

After you chnage stuff, remember to press F10 to Save and Exit.

Here's your BIOS manual: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/Manual/PRIME_TUF_GAMING_B550_Series_BIOS_EM_WEB_EN.pdf

Also, How old is your PSU?
Already tried to change the PCIe X16 mode to , Gen1, Gen2 and Gen3. My PSU is about 6 month old. Tried change the 8 pin cable for my GPU and the problem still persist. Both my CPU and GPU cable are pigtails. I haven't change the cable for my CPU so not sure if the cable is the problem.

Jun 29, 2021
Update:
I open the nvidia control panel and change the PhysX setting to my GPU and switch my GPU to prefer maximum performance. The crash seems to happen less frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.