[SOLVED] GPU crashed and then started running hotter ?

smoozable

Reputable
Sep 23, 2017
Hello guys
My graphics card (5700xt pulse 1.5 years used) suddenly made some artifacts and my system crashed and it won't turn on back again (no signal when booting)
I managed to make it work by unplugging the gpu and plugigng it back
launched witcher 3 and played for few minutes
i noticed my gpu running at 80°C (89°C hotspot) even with max fan settings and with an open case
Before it didn't exceed 67°c(78°c hotspot) in the same game at half fan speed
Vrm and memory temps are normal
Could it be that my gpu is bricked??
I reset bios and drivers to stock but still the same issue
Is there a fix for this or should i just live with it?

Last edited:
Solution
What is the make and model of your PSU?

I believe that because artifacts came with higher temps, it's a faulty GPU and you should start the RMA process. If it isn't under warranty then you should try repasting the GPU and replacing the thermal pads, along with downclocking the VRAM clock a bit.

I believe that because artifacts came with higher temps, it's a faulty GPU and you should start the RMA process. If it isn't under warranty then you should try repasting the GPU and replacing the thermal pads, along with downclocking the VRAM clock a bit.

Solution

smoozable

Reputable
Sep 23, 2017

My psu is evga gq 650w gold psu