GPU Crashed then further issues

Sep 16, 2018
So I my gtx 1080 in my 3 month year old pc that I built myself with no previous issues crashed, when my computer froze so I restarted my pc and it booted up with low resolution, which i eventually found out it was the gpu not working, so I downloaded the gpu drivers from the nvidia website.

Everything went back to normal resolution and it seemed fine. However there are small issues still like some applications, and games will not start (steam games are working fine but a game like fortnite is not). And when I press the start button, nothing happens. Additionally it was slower as well. Also, sometimes the programs on the task-bar disappear and then eventually reappear. I tried reinstalling the drivers however it said installation failed with only the shadowplay part showing with an X. I also tried to install geforce experience it also failed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Solution
You could try a clean driver install (it's an option offered when you install nVidia drivers). If that still doesn't work, reinstalling Windows from scratch might be worth a shot.