Question GPU crashing and BSOD

Problem 1) I tried to run OCCT GPU stress test to check thermals and immediately my PC audio hangs and stops displaying video.
Problem 2) Similarly, I had a couple of BSODs recently with page fault in non paged area where the audio would hang as well, but it hasn't done it in the past day or 2. They would happen at random, usually at idle.

What I have tried so far:

Stressed GPU with other programs such as superposition, Aida 64, and several games. No hiccups at all. No artifacts, crashes, and performance is to be expected. GPU and CPU temps are a bit high in games due to a restricted airflow case, but generally below 80c and never hot enough to be alarming.

Memory has no issues in AIDA memory stress test, and is fine in games. I also tried windows memory diagnostic which passed with 0 errors.

Earlier userbenchmark would cause a crash to desktop on the GPU test portion, however I updated GPU drivers and this issue went away. This update didn't change any other problems I was having.

Computer Specs:
i5 760 w/ arctic alpine 12
Dell Inspiron motherboard
16gb (2x8gb) Crucial Ballistix DDR3
XFX DD R9 280x 3gb (custom fan curve in MSI afterburner, default clock and voltage)
Corsair CS450M 80+ Gold
Cougar MG130-G
W10 pro

I tried the GPU in my sandy bridge PC (in sig) and it crashed in OCCT as well. It did not crash with the GTX970 that PC normally has.

Any clue whats up?

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, you know if card does it in 2 different pc, its more likely the card. even if it is only on one program.
the paid version is meant to create a csv file with results but i guess if PC freezes right away, that isn't going to work.
I would use more software to see if you can replicate problem.

Well the problem doesn't seem to appear elsewhere. Here is what I have tried.

Unigine sanctuary
Unigine superposition
Aida64 with "stress gpu" ticked
Fortnite (had to gauge performance)
Beamng drive
3d mark time spy
3d mark firestrike

All work fine.

I can try more like furmark to see if it happens elsewhere.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what PSU you got in other PC?

I could throw the 280x into my R5 2600 machine with a segotep 600w 80+ gold PSU, but I would need to install windows. I could use my main pc with a HX750i but that would involve messing around with modular bits (long story) so I would rather not do either of these.

I will run OCCT on the i5 2500k igpu here in a minute.

I do. :ROFLMAO:

Ialso have an i3 550 that has an igpu I could swap into the 1st gen machine, but the cooler kind of has bent pins and I will probably break it if I take it on and off too much.

So on the i5 2500k and igpu (with enermax platinum psu), it doesn't black screen, but it says cancelled within 1 or 2 seconds of starting the test.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I thought why it kept cancelling was due to no drivers, but I went and reinstalled intel igpu drivers and it still cancels. This time 5 seconds in. It just says cancelled, not user cancelled.

It should automatically finish after an hour, not 5 seconds.

I am unfamiliar with the software tbh. I unchecked every monitoring option in setting and it didn't change anything.