tx750m
h100i v2 cooler

problem;
my gpu is crashing games.
i tried everything including :
1. installation of old and new drivers
2. used ddu to delete all old and install new
3. reinstalled windows

after all of measures i got another gpu that was rx 480 and it worked fine without any issue.

now what i think is that either something is wrong with bios chip or it is fake card I mean suppose gpu can be rx 480 and seller installed rx 580 bios and sold it in high price.
there is no other problem because its temperatures are super cool.

Solution
First, check if a CMOS reset doesn't help. Sometimes the motherboard just remembers the wrong card is installed.

I doubt it's a fake card if it looks like the equivalent google search of a sapphire nitro+ rx 580 8gb , since fake cards usually use different coolers that fit the PCBs they go on. That said, you can test for that if you're willing to pull the cooler off and check out the chip numbers on the GPU die. Just don't forget to replace the thermal paste with non-conductive thermal paste (just to be safe, though you can use conductive stuff if you're careful to get just the right amount on it).

There is a software way to do it, and try this before the above physical method...

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018
First, check if a CMOS reset doesn't help. Sometimes the motherboard just remembers the wrong card is installed.

I doubt it's a fake card if it looks like the equivalent google search of a sapphire nitro+ rx 580 8gb , since fake cards usually use different coolers that fit the PCBs they go on. That said, you can test for that if you're willing to pull the cooler off and check out the chip numbers on the GPU die. Just don't forget to replace the thermal paste with non-conductive thermal paste (just to be safe, though you can use conductive stuff if you're careful to get just the right amount on it).

There is a software way to do it, and try this before the above physical method: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/ BUT, before then....

I don't think you need to check that right away. I'd make sure all the power cables are fully plugged in (even the best of us forget that from time to time), and if they are, see if new cables won't fix the issue (Corsair is usually pretty good about giving extra cables, if you still have them lying around). Now try the gpu-z software to see if it can detect a fake GPU.

From here, if available, a BIOS update for your motherboard may be the easiest thing to do next.

If all that fails to find the issue, I'd check that the PSU isn't failing, by borrowing a working one of adequate voltage that's confirmed to be working, to see if that fixes it.

And if that fails to find the issue, you may be looking at a faulty GPU. My condolences. But this is the point where, if you want, you go check the numbers on the die to see if it's a legit 580. Here's a teardown video if you need it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iizl9tJfj24

The die should look like the following: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/sapphire-nitro-rx-580-8-gb.b4436 (the second picture).

Good luck.

Solution

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
Psu is perfect I tested 1080ti on it so psu is not problematic.

Motherboard bios is also latest.
I requested sapphire support team and thry sent me original bios in email and I flashed that bios in my gpu.

In gpu z everything is perfect I compared with other rx 580 users.