[SOLVED] GPU Dead??

Undeafen

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019
When I put my DVI Cable to the GPU it has no signal on the monitor and its fan is spinning. I watched a YouTube video that I should disable intel display adapter and then put in the GPU but it didn't work. Can someone help me fix my computer?
Photo of my computer: https://ibb.co/h2CPQCk (I don't know if this would help)

Solution
Well, if it was working previously, and then just stopped working, then I'd say the card died. If you bought it new, then it should be under warranty. I'd return it to the manufacturer. You can start an RMA though their website if you have the original purchase information. Otherwise, I'd say it's time for a new card. Drivers or GPU tweakII stuff, don't have anything to do with their not being a signal at all. So if you've tried different cables, a different monitor and maybe a different power supply to test with, then there's not much else left to test.

Did this card work previously in this system? Or have you had it since January but never tried it until now?
I don't see a graphics card installed in that picture. You sure you have one?

What are your full system specifications including the power supply model number which can be located somewhere on the power supply itself on the specifications decal?

It might be well worth it to try, especially if you are just adding this graphics card to the build, to install the card and then do a hard reset of the BIOS as follows. Be sure you have the display cable connected to the graphics card output and not a video output from the motherboard.

BIOS hard reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes, press the power button on the case for 30 seconds. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP profile settings, custom fan profile settings or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

In some cases it may be necessary when you go into the BIOS after a reset, to load the Optimal default or Default values and then save settings, to actually get the hardware tables to reset in the boot manager.

Even if there are not, there's a good chance this may be a power supply problem. The GTX 1050 TI comes with a recommendation for a minimum of a 320w power supply and yours is only 240w.

It could also be a BIOS issue. It may be a good idea to check and see if there is a BIOS update available for your motherboard and if there is a newer BIOS version than what you have now, to install it.

Does the system work correctly if you use the integrated graphics from the motherboard video outputs without the graphics card installed?

Undeafen

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019
Ok, so there are no auxiliary power requirements on that card, but it still calls for a 320w PSU and you have only a 240w unit, and a fairly cheap Acbel made one at that.

Try the BIOS reset as outlined above, first.
I did the things you said and it has no signal on the monitor am I gonna plug in the dvi cable to the gpu?

Ok, I guess that wasn't clear enough. Do the following.

Unplug power from the wall, with the system off.

Remove the graphics card from the machine if it is installed.

Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Leave it out for five minutes. During that five minutes, press the power button continuously for 30 seconds.

After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to install it the same way it came out.

Install the graphics card and connect your monitor cable to the graphics card video output. Be sure you are not connecting it to the motherboard video output.

Plug the power cable back in and power on the unit. If there is no display then you either have a power supply that cannot support that graphics card due to lacking adequate capacity, a graphics card that is dead or a motherboard that needs a newer BIOS version in order to be used with that graphics card.

Did the system work without a graphics card installed and your monitor connected to the video output on the motherboard? At all?

Has this system EVER worked that you know of, prior to trying to install the graphics card?

Undeafen

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019
Ok, I guess that wasn't clear enough. Do the following.

Unplug power from the wall, with the system off.

Remove the graphics card from the machine if it is installed.

Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Leave it out for five minutes. During that five minutes, press the power button continuously for 30 seconds.

After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to install it the same way it came out.

Install the graphics card and connect your monitor cable to the graphics card video output. Be sure you are not connecting it to the motherboard video output.

Plug the power cable back in and power on the unit. If there is no display then you either have a power supply that cannot support that graphics card due to lacking adequate capacity, a graphics card that is dead or a motherboard that needs a newer BIOS version in order to be used with that graphics card.

Did the system work without a graphics card installed and your monitor connected to the video output on the motherboard? At all?

Has this system EVER worked that you know of, prior to trying to install the graphics card?
It did work in the motherboard video output and my graphics card was working 3 days ago

Undeafen

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019
Even if there are not, there's a good chance this may be a power supply problem. The GTX 1050 TI comes with a recommendation for a minimum of a 320w power supply and yours is only 240w.

It could also be a BIOS issue. It may be a good idea to check and see if there is a BIOS update available for your motherboard and if there is a newer BIOS version than what you have now, to install it.

Does the system work correctly if you use the integrated graphics from the motherboard video outputs without the graphics card installed?
About the power supply can I upgrade it with my pc??

Can you link to the page where you bought it?

There are a LOT of things sold on Amazon, that are NOT sold BY Amazon. Much like Ebay, third party sellers have to be carefully vetted on Amazon because there is just as much chance of getting a fake or faulty product through one of them as there is through an Ebay seller.

We can look at the power supply after we figure out a few other things.

What is the FULL model number of your prebuilt system? There should be a sticker on the case somewhere that lists the full model, or sub model, or express service tag, that will help to identify the exact components used in this build including the CPU and motherboard.

WHICH slot do you have the graphics card installed in?