[SOLVED] GPU detected but no diplay

Dec 10, 2022
Hi, I am having a problem on my recently bought rx 5700xt. I recently upgraded my pc which only had integrated graphics (AMD Ryzen 5 pro 4650G) and when I try to use the HDMI port on the gpu and start the PC, my monitor does briefly shows the splash screen of the motherboard and then no signal.

The card is being detected by the Device Manager, CPUZ and Radeon Software, however on Radeon Software the integrated graphics is still the primary graphics used https://prnt.sc/Ml5eVYXMue2m

I tried clearing my CMOS, uninstalling the driver for the Integrated Graphics but still no luck.

My pc is in Windows 11 and here's the specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 pro 4650G
MSI B450M Mortar Titanium
16gb ram
650w psu

Any tips?
Thanks!

Solution
Update: It seems that the problem came from the faulty HDMI port on the GPU as once I used the Display Port on the GPU I am able to go past the windows loading screen

Thanks for your help @Lutfij !

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I am having a problem on my recently bought rx 5700xt. I recently upgraded my pc which only had integrated graphics (AMD Ryzen 5 pro 4650G)
Prior to dropping in the new discrete GPU into your build, did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, powered down the system to drop in the card, then powered up to manually install the latest driver for your AMD card, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

650w psu
650W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the unit as well as it's age?

MSI B450M Mortar Titanium
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Dec 10, 2022
Prior to dropping in the new discrete GPU into your build, did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, powered down the system to drop in the card, then powered up to manually install the latest driver for your AMD card, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?
I have not done this yet, I thought since I am using GPU from AMD it would just be plug and play. I will have to try this later

650W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the unit as well as it's age?
Its a darkflash 650w 80+ bronze and its not more than 6months

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?
Bios version is A.G4

Dec 10, 2022
Update: It seems that the problem came from the faulty HDMI port on the GPU as once I used the Display Port on the GPU I am able to go past the windows loading screen

Thanks for your help @Lutfij !

Reactions: Lutfij
Solution