[SOLVED] GPU Detects Temparature of 511ºC !!!

Apr 27, 2020
Hello everyone!

So lately i got a 2nd hand GPU Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8gb that was used for mining, and i had several issues with it and finally i think i found a strange probleme and idk how to fix it.

So lets get into it, the issuethat i was having is that the GPU shuts down while idling and i have to force shutdown the PC, so i had to use GPU-Z to see whats wrong with the GPU and after testing i found that the GPU reaches unusual Temperator of 511ºC!!! after it shuts down, so i though GPU-Z is giving me wrong reads so i switched to Open Hardware Monitor and tested it and surprizingly it gives me the same temperator of 511ºC as the other software.

Here im putting logs i got from both softwares:
GPU-Z:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hPsW1T7bl6aq9xkqQpGisk6lXlapj3mO/view?usp=sharing
Open Hardware Monitor:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14drzFvbgVVPSk0rvJsakuTCDYMay6IiX/view?usp=sharing

Quick note:
  • The GPU is in complete idle no software or videos are running except for testing tools and Readon Software.
  • This problem only happens when i have GPU fans set to default with Radeon Software, and by default i mean that the fans are turned off while the GPU isnt not underload.
  • This problem would not happen if i have the fans running by manually setting it.

I will be testing with other testing softwares in the mean while, if you have a trusted software that you want me to try please tell me.

My PC Spects:
CPU: FX8350
Motherboard: ASRock 970 pro3 r2.0
RAM: 2x4gb DDR3 1600Mhz
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8gb
PSU: 1000W PFC Silent Fan ATX 20pin 12V

Apr 27, 2020
That temperature would without any doubt have melting the GPU, so it's obvious wrong.

Since 2 programs get the same reading, I'd guess that the temperature sensor on the GPU is faulty. That probably also explain the shutdowns too.
Yeah, there's nearly no question that it's a faulty sensor. If that was your temperature, you'd no longer have a house.
That true the temperator is not real of course, but the graphic work fine with the fans turned on manually and passes that 37ºC with no issues which make it hard to say if the sensor is failing or not